Statement of Values
Our code of ethics is built on a foundation of widely shared values. The core values of Kids Beating Cancer (KBC) are as follows:
- Compassion – We put first priority on the needs of the children and their families.
- Dedication – We do whatever it takes to remover barriers to care and reduce the burdens on the families.
- Credibility – We earn and maintain the complete trust of our corporate partners.
- Integrity – We always try to do the right thing.
- Team Work – We help each other and feel collectively responsible for achieving our mission.
In addition to these core values we believe in the following principles:
- Accountability to donors;
- Commitment beyond the law;
- Respect for the worth and dignity of individuals;
- Respect for pluralism and diversity
- Responsible stewardship of resources; and,
- Commitment to excellence and to maintaining the public trust.
These values provide the foundation for Kids Beating Cancer’s Code of Ethics. The values inform and guide the actions that Board of Directors, Development Advisory Board, employees, and volunteers should take in developing policies and implementing their practices.