The Kids Beating Cancer Healing Hero Awards
"May we have eyes to see those who are rendered invisible and excluded, open arms and hearts to reach out and include them, healing hands to touch their lives with love, and in the process heal ourselves."
-- Dr. Jack McConnell
The Kids Beating Cancer Healing Hero for Excellence in Community Leadership Award
The Kids Beating Cancer Healing Hero Award for Excellence in Community Leadership recognizes a distinguished citizen and community leader who has given extraordinary amounts of time and talent to the community and exemplifies service and civic support.
Nominees for this award are individuals who have acted with integrity, faith and confidence on behalf of the community, as well as being a catalyst for creation of positive leadership in Central Florida, in the region, and beyond. The nominees for this award are those who have exemplified outstanding service and civic leadership, and have been significantly generous in giving of time and support.
- Community leader acting with integrity, faith and confidence on behalf of the community.
- Catalyst for positive leadership; demonstrates dedication to strengthening and transforming community leadership.
- Commitment to and involvement in Central Florida and the region
- Exemplifies strong service and civic leadership; generous in gift of time and support to community needs
The Kids Beating Cancer Healing Hero for Excellence in Pediatric Medicine Award
2012 Honoree Jogi Pattisapu, MD
The Kids Beating Cancer Healing Hero for Excellence in Pediatric Medicine is awarded to a Central Florida Pediatric Physician who exemplify the medical profession’s highest values: commitment to service, community involvement, altruism, leadership and dedication to patient care. This award honors a physician whose life encompass the true spirit of being a medical professional: caring for people. A physician who will go above and beyond practice norms for the betterment of humanity, thereby upholding the highest ideals of the medical profession. By practicing medicine in areas of challenge or crisis, or by devoting their time to volunteerism or public service, this physician serves as the voice of patients in Central Florida who otherwise might not be heard.
To qualify, nominees must:
- Promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of the public health
- Embody the values of the medical profession through leadership, service, excellence, integrity and ethical behavior
- Enrich patients, colleagues and the community through dedicated medical practice or service
- Offer better access to quality health care for an underserved patient population in the U.S.