Achievements since 1992:
- 9, 500 Children Served
- 38,000 Potential Donors Tested
- $16 Million Raised
- 84 Transplants Received Funding
- $2.5 Million for Pre-Transplant Testing
- $140,000 Funded Meals for Families
Achievements in 2016–2018:
1) David Shook, MD, Medical Director of the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center (KBC PTC), has brought award-winning skills available at only a handful of Centers Nationwide. Since his arrival from St Jude’s Children’s Hospital 2 years ago, 47 Central Florida children have been transplanted, 27 of the 47 children were transplanted during the 2016–2017 fiscal year with children waiting in line to be admitted. In total, since the Center opened 59 children have been transplanted. The KBC PTC is now poised to be the busiest Pediatric Transplant Center in Florida.
2) Kids Beating Cancer formed a new partnership with Talk of The Town Restaurant Group participating in two events – “Round Up for Charity” and “John’s Challenge,” raising $134,678 to support children in need of life-saving stem cell transplantation at the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center.
3) Moving to the KBC House, donated by Florida Hospital, across the street from the FH Cancer Institute, expanded our previous square footage, reduces our expenses, with donating electric, lawn care, security, maintenance, and expanding our space allows us now room for children and families, volunteers, and Board & Committee meetings. Now that we have the KBC house, Lowe’s donated a special play area and scenic landscaping.