Achievements since 1992:
- Over 8,700 children served
- Over 38,000 potential donors tested
- Over $15 million raised
- Over 60 transplants performed since opening the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center in 2012
- $1.5 million funded transplant testing not covered by Medicaid and insurance
- $130,000 funded meals for families in the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center annually
Top 3 Achievements in 2016–2017:
1) David Shook, MD, Medical Director of the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center (KBC PTC), has brought award-winning skills available at only a handful of Centers Nationwide. Since his arrival from St Jude’s Children’s Hospital 2 years ago, 47 Central Florida children have been transplanted, 27 of the 47 children were transplanted during the 2016–2017 fiscal year with children waiting in line to be admitted. In total, since the Center opened 59 children have been transplanted. The KBC PTC is now poised to be the busiest Pediatric Transplant Center in Florida.
2) Kids Beating Cancer formed a new partnership with David Yurman hosting two in-store events, resulting in two checks to Kids Beating Cancer totaling of $21,004 to support children in need of life saving stem cell transplantation at the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center. This opened the door for Tiffany’s, Gucci, and Burberry, all joining as corporate partners matching David Yurman’s commitment to support KBC and the KBC Pediatric Transplant Center.
3) Moving to the KBC House, donated by Florida Hospital, across the street from the FH Cancer Institute, expanded our previous square footage, reduces our expenses, with donating electric, lawn care, security, maintenance, and expanding our space allows us now room for children and families, volunteers, and Board & Committee meetings. Now that we have the KBC house, Lowe’s donated a special play area and scenic landscaping.